Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

If you're reading this, the fuck you doin' on amiabanana? Fuck off.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Empty
PostSubject: Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?   Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 pm

I want to find out everything there is to know about this game.

As a starting point, I want to conduct experiments into the following:
Damage calculation, both physical and sonic
Accuracy calculation
Reach
Differences between weapons
Taunt effects
Pricing

I want to approach this in a scientific manner. I want to collect data through a prescribed method, formulate a hypothesis with this data, devise a replicatable experiment to test this hyptohesis, and I want all data and experiments checked by another person in this thread.

I will update the OP with findings verified by two different people.

The ultimate aim of this project is to have an intimate understanding of the Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator mechanics and be able to look at heroes purely and accurately objectively, with the aim of being able to tier suggested builds.

Jump in whenever/wherever you want.

Axioms
A charge attack has a base accuracy of 33%
A quick attack has a base accuracy of 66%
A normal attack has a base accuracy of 50%
A power attack has a base accuracy of 33%

Last edited by 1337ness_of_teh_n00b on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://amiabanana.forumotion.com
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?   Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Oh, 1337ness. You and your using up all of your time on things that are, inherantly, pointless.
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?   Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm

You can definitely count me in on this.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?   Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm

I've got a few general observations already, and a few self-evident truths. I'll post them in a sec, and update the OP with the axioms.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?   Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 pm

I sent a gladiator into the arena with no armour and one in each stat (turns out the game is fine with you not putting any stats into your initial gladiator)

Its total HP was fourteen; I've noticed that HP and energy go up each level, though I haven't bothered to note the amount yet.

My one charisma hero was pitted against another one charisma hero, and a taunt dealt three damage. Previous observations have revealed that sonic damage, unlike physical damage, doesn't vary; it is possible that three damage is the minimum a taunt can deal, though this is untested. I believe this will be the simplest hypothesis to test, and it should be therefore tested first. A fuller hypothesis, based on my observations, is that sonic damage is determined by your opponent's charisma subtracted from your own, with a minimum limit of three damage. EDIT: already disproven, I just dealt 2 with a taunt. Presumably three is merely a base... ANOTHER EDIT: I have had some variation in taunt damage this game, between 2 and 3. Sonic damage is more complex than I initially suspected.

Whenever hitting someone, a number appears in a small shield next to the damage bubble. I suspect this to be the amount of damage absorbed by armour/defences/something, but this is currently unproveable until we have a better understanding of damage calculation. Sonic damage always results in a 0 appearing in the shield. Even with the edits to the above paragraph, this observation remains true.

A gladiator with 1 attack against a gladiator with 1 defence has a 33% chance to hit with a charge attack. According to the game, attack and defence are the stats involved in to-hit calculations; I will take this as truth until proven otherwise, in which case, 33% is what I will refer to as 'base accuracy' for a charge. I will treat this as a self-evident truth until disproven. Similarly, a quick attack has a base accuracy of 66%, a normal attack has a base accuracy of 50%, and a power attack has a base accuracy of 33%.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?   Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fucking 'Swords and Sandals I: Gladiator', how does it work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana? :: Introductions and General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: