Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

If you're reading this, the fuck you doin' on amiabanana? Fuck off.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site

Go down 
+2
Cracked Atlas
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 pm

I do actually have a more strict definition of "significant" in mind, but typing on an iPhone..
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Right, so... 'significant.'

My first idea is any contribution that causes a rewrite of the original proposal to have 50% or more words. But I'm not completely happy with that. So, ideas?
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm

how about 2 or more changes to the proposed rule that the others agree on? basically you change it once, others agree. you find flaw, point it out and change it again?
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 pm

I'unno. That would put someone who made two small changes above someone who made one massive change.
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

yeah well can you define massive change and small change? it all depends on the rule really
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:18 pm

The pedant I am, I actually think you've got something going with the 'fifty percent' thing.

When comparing two proposals, there should be two ways to determine differences -- one, each word in the same numerical position as each other that are different from each other count as one word different; two, each word not in the original proposal that is in the updated proposal in between consecutive words that were in the original count as one word different. The method which yields the lowest difference should be used, and the percentage should be measured by the original proposal.

Examples time, cos that's a lot of words.

Original proposal: "flowers are somewhat yellow in spring"
Updated proposal: "flowers are sometimes somewhat yellow in spring"

Method one
flowers are somewhat yellow in spring
flowers are sometimes somewhat yellow in spring
5/7 = 71%

Method two
flowers are somewhat yellow in spring
flowers are sometimes somewhat yellow in spring
1/7 = 14%

Method two came out with the lowest percentage difference, so therefore the difference is deemed to be 14%
Back to top Go down
https://amiabanana.forumotion.com
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 pm

I repropose 305: "If a player makes a significant contribution to a proposed rule, and the amended rule is then adopted, then the player who suggested the amendment receives points equal to 50% of the points received by the player who proposed the rule. If a player males a significant contribution to a proposed rule, and the rule is rejected they lose 50% of the points lost by the player who proposed the rule. A reworded preposal is considered to have a significant contribution when the reworded proposal has 50% more, or greater, words than the original proposal.

When comparing two proposals to determine if the change counts as 'significant', there are two ways to determine differences -- one, each word in the same numerical position as each other that are different from each other count as one word different; two, each word not in the original proposal that is in the updated proposal in between consecutive words that were in the original count as one word different. The method which yields the lowest difference should be used, and the percentage should be measured by the original proposal."
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Uh, I EBWOP my previous post, the numbers should've been '5/6' and '1/6' respectively, and the percentages should change accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:41 pm

I don't know what 'EBWOP' means...
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 am

Loving the copy paste cracked. I accept
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Quote :
I don't know what 'EBWOP' means...
'Edit by way of post'

I accept.
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 pm

sure why not /Accept
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Because rainbows, that's why.

But this is cool too, more points for me I guess. 1337ness! Post a score... count... thingy.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Why is it myyyyy job to do score counts?

(4/4)*15 = 15

Me: 11
Cracked: 27
Navarre: --7
Orandulum: --2
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Heh, I screwed up way earlier, I was proposal 305, and Atlas was proposal 306. Funnily enough, I got the scores right because I was simply adding one to the upper limit each time.
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:06 pm

I propose rule 306:
No player is allowed to propose a rule that affects the real world. Eg. you cannot propose a rule stating that you must eat a capsicum before you propose a rule.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:34 pm

I reject on the grounds that forced capsicum eating is hilarious. Also, there are other amusing and useful possibilities to consider.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Navarre, I assume you didn't read my last post.

Also, given the presence of rule 113, I find this rule... questionable.
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:22 am

EBWOP

I propose rule 307:
No player is allowed to propose a rule that affects the real world. Eg. you cannot propose a rule stating that you must eat a capsicum before you propose a rule.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm waiting for Orandulum to come back to life.

In the mean time, I guess I'll reject.
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm rejecting for the same reason as Atlas, cause there is some hilarious shit we can make happen.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm

(1/4)*15 -- 10 = --6

Me: 11
Cracked: 27
Navarre: --15
Orandulum: --2

inb4 Orandulum forgets it's his turn.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm

EBWOP: (1/4)*16 -- 10 = --6
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 pm

I propose Rule 308:
If a Participant does not acknowledge his/hers turn before 24 hours have passed since the end of the last persons turn, without previous warning of absence, then that person shall have their turn skipped and given straight to the next person in line.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:02 pm

While some time limit is a good idea, I think 24 hours is too short. Plus, it's a lot nicer to prod someone as opposed to just skipping their turn without notice. Also, when does a person's turn finish? Is it when everyone has voted, or is it when 1337ness posts a score count?

I'd suggest "If a player does not post to acknowledge his/her turn within 48 hours of the previous player's turn ending, and they have not given any notification of their absence, then they will be prodded. If the player still does not post within another 24 hours, their turn will be skipped.

The previous player's turn is officially over, in the context of this rule, when every player has voted on that player's proposal, the proposal has been officially adopted/rejected, and a score count has been posted that reflects this."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site   Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vanilla Four Player; First Nomic On Site
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next