Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

If you're reading this, the fuck you doin' on amiabanana? Fuck off.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game the First - Sign Ups

Go down 
+7
Orandulum
jezza
Melexiious
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Navarre
Cracked Atlas
AcRv
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Game the First - Sign Ups Empty
PostSubject: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:23 pm

So, I'll be running the first mafia game on site. Some of you may know me, others won't. Anyway, I'll be running a set up known as 2of4. It is known as a "semi-open" set up, as there are six possibilities for what the set up can contain:
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Cop, Doctor.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Cop, Jailkeeper.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Cop.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor.

The Role PMs you'll get are as follows:

Vanilla Townie
You are a Vanilla Townie.
Each night you may:
-Do nothing

You win when all the mafia are dead

Cop
You are a Cop.
Each night you may:
-Investigate a player
-You will find out the alignment of the investigated player at the end of the night

Doctor
You are a Doctor.
Each night you may:
-Choose a player to protect
-The protected player is immune to night kills tonight

Jailkeeper
You are a Jailkeeper.
Each night you may:
-Choose someone to imprison
-The imprisoned player is immune to night kills tonight
-The imprisoned player is also unable to perform any night actions that they have. The mafia's kill counts as a night action.

Mafia Goon
You are a Mafia Goon. Your team mate is [insert player name], who is Mafia Role Cop
Each night you may:
-Talk with your mafia buddy
-Decide on someone to kill tonight
-Decide which of you makes the kill tonight

You win when your numbers are equal with the townsfolk

Mafia Role Cop
You are a Mafia Role Cop. Your team mate is [insert player name], who is Mafia Goon
Each night you may:
-Talk with your mafia buddy
-Decide on someone to kill tonight
-Decide which of you makes the kill tonight
-Investigate a player
-You will find out what role the investgated player is

You win when your numbers are equal with the townsfolk

RULES

General
0. I am mod. What I say goes over the rules because I am that awesome
1. The colour green is mine. I will convey important messages with it due to its shinyness. Nobody else is allowed to use this colour, as the shinyness will make them die. In this game, at least.
2. Do not quote private communication with the mod. This includes role PMs. Admittedly they are easy to fake, but just don't do it anyway
3. Unless your role specifies otherwise, do not talk about the game outside the game thread. If your role does specify otherwise, you may still only talk about the game where your PM says you can. In this game, only the mafia can talk outside of thread, and that's only at night time. I will give the mafia a QT (Quick Topic) to talk in during the night rounds
4. When a player has been stupid enough to attract the majority of votes, the game enters twilight. This means that the guy with the most votes is guaranteed to die, no changing votes, and you just talk until I declare them dead and start night time.
5. Once I've told you that you're dead, you're dead. Dead people do not talk. Unless there are necromancers/spirit channelers involved. Which there aren't. If you still want to share your thoughts on the game, I will have a dead QT which dead people will receive the link to upon death. After the game has ended I will post the QT here, so don't say anything you don't want the other players to see.
6. Once I've declared it night-time, you are asleep. Sleeping people do not talk, but are still able to activate special abilities for some reason. And of course the mafia can talk in their QT
7. Modkills are not out of the question if you decide to be a total dick like this guy. In fact they are guaranteed to happen. Abuse on a lesser level will just get you replaced.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Post every 72 hours at a minimum. If you go 72 hours without posting you will receive a prod. If you don't respond to the prod within 48 hours, you will be replaced.
9. If you are going to be unable to post for a period of time, let us know in advance and state how long this will be for. Please note there is a difference between being unable to post and being unwilling to post.
10. Each day phase has a deadline of three weeks. If by the end of the three weeks nobody as attracted the majority of votes, a no lynch will occur.
11. Night phases will go for three days. If you are going to be away for a night phase, let me know and I will extend the night whether or not you have a night action because otherwise people can start ruling out who has/hasn't got night abilities.

Voting
12. Votes are to be bolded and look something like this Vote: Playername
13. Retracting a vote is to be done like this Unvote: Playername. Unvoting before voting a different player is required, because it makes my job a lot easier when doing vote counts. =)
14. There are times where it is beneficial to not lynch anyone during the day phase. If you wish to have nobody die in a day phase, you can Vote: No Lynch. If the majority of players vote for a no lynch, then twilight starts just like it would had you all agreed on a player.
15. You can't vote me, for I am the mod, not a player.

Other
16. There are no loopholes, even if you think there are
17. You are not to edit and/or delete your posts under any circumstances. I can tell if you've edited your posts because it tells everyone if you've edited your posts.

Confirmed Players:
1. Cracked Atlas
2. Navarre
3. Beese
4. jezza
5. Orandulum
6. len8946
7. Mizicho
8. 1337ness_of_teh_n00b
9. Zeraph

Willing to Replace (If we get more members):
Nobody. Big Surprise

Last edited by AcRv on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:43 pm

It occurs that this forum will work better once people start signing up for games. So I'm going to sign up for this game.

/in
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Firstly @ acrv did you take the rules off my fb game...? Also a futher note i believe mafia role cop is known as stalker on epicmafia may we use that name instead as mafia role cop sounds lame and bland. Also im in if others can be bothered playing
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Robert, I presume.
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Your assumption is correct jordy also jailkeeper shortened is jailer i like jailer better. We use jailer instead of jailkeeper chris NOW
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Demanding things of the mod. Yes, that'll make you well liked.
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Sarcasm doesnt translate well over the internet. Also @ chris is this game really going to fill with 14 registered users and 9 spaces? 13 since mod cant play
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Robert, if we wanna get technical here, 'jailer' and 'jailkeeper' are actually different roles. More technically: 'jailer' is used on MafiaScum as an abbreviation of 'jailkeeper', but EpicMafia has a role called the 'jailer' which is quite different from MafiaScum's jailkeeper. So no, to avoid ambiguity, 'jailkeeper' is the correct term.

As for the role-cop, this is ChristopherAcRv's game, so if you want flavour names changed, ask him.

AcRv's given me permission to edit his post, so I'll add Navarre to the playerlist.

Should probably end overly-irrelevant conversation here, but it is ultimately AcRv's choice when he gets online.
Back to top Go down
https://amiabanana.forumotion.com
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:48 pm

We actually only have about 6 possible members. But I think the idea at the moment is to get more members. Hence the posts on facebook asking for more members.

@1337ness, sorry for the irrelevant discussion. I'll stop now. However, RobertNavarre was setting off my "Wrong on the Internet" sensors.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:50 pm

It's actually my fault for not setting up 'Mafia Discussion'. Will do in a sec.
Back to top Go down
https://amiabanana.forumotion.com
Navarre

Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Okay ill stop with the asking of the irrelevant questions
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Number of posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Count me /in, also I lol'd heartly at the quote.
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:13 am

First thing: Navarre, I copied this set up DIRECTLY from the mafiascum newbie games. The roles are identical to what you would see there. But if you played elsewhere other than silly little Epicmafia (in case you hadn't guessed I don't like playing there very much) you would know this.

And Beese, I'll put you in now

Currently 3 slots filled
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:57 am

This is usually the point where I'd bump a thread, but as this is the only thread in this sub-forum, it's kind of pointless.

Moreover, I'm just trying to make sure this site gets at least a post a day. Keep inviting your friends, y'all.
Back to top Go down
jezza

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:10 am

/in
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 am

Ladies and gentlemen, my friend Jezza. Some of you might remember him from that one game-a-thon. This may be his first game of mafia. Depends how long it takes to start.
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Well seeing as this is the holidays and I no longer have the overwhelming urge to play skyrim all the time. I'll go /in
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 am

jezza and Orandulum are added to the list

5 slots have been filled
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Bumping this up
Back to top Go down
len8946

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm /in.

Woo. First post. I think.
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:27 pm

oh hey, it's Lennydoodles :)
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:23 pm

6 of 9 slots have been filled

Oh, and Orandulum, you still have bowels in your signature.
Back to top Go down
len8946

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Orandulum wrote:
oh hey, it's Lennydoodles :)

Oh hey it's JordanIcloptoponies :3 right? Lol
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Nah, that'd be me. Not to say Orandulum doesn't clop to ponies.
Back to top Go down
len8946

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh whuuuuutt? I thought you were Peter -.- I need to start a "Who are you?" thread.

/haz ideaz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game the First - Sign Ups   Game the First - Sign Ups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game the First - Sign Ups
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next