Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

If you're reading this, the fuck you doin' on amiabanana? Fuck off.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cat Mafia

Go down 
+4
Vorsprung
Cracked Atlas
Melexiious
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:36 am

Well, now I made it you can't hammer.

So yea, stuff. Things.

'sup guiz~
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 am

Unvote

Reread the thread.

Melexiious wrote:
This isn't a productive area of discussion.

I mean, talking like a Cat before is understandable, but pointing out my avatar is kinda silly. Because even slightly, talking like a Cat has an impact on your thinking if you got a scum PM or not. Not your avatar.
This strikes me as an overreaction to an RVS accusation. After all, in RVS, people do throw out accusations based on silly things like profile pics in an attempt to see how people react. Okay, sure, Manlove probably didn't know what RVS was at the time, but he was clearly just joking. And Melex /should/ know what RVS is like by this point. He then went on to vote him just a few posts later, before Manlove had said anything else.

However, his response to Vorsprung made me think the vote was just RVS dick flapping. But then, he continued to hold pretty strongly to that vote. Seems pretty heavy wagoning for such an early day 1 vote.

He then pulled out of the wagon, which is either consistent for scum play /or/ it really was just a RVS vote the whole time, and Melex was worried scum might quickhammer. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here.

While I'm here, I also re-read all of Navarre's stuff. For those of you too lazy to translator, it was mostly inane stuff. Can't really get a read off of Chinese. Though, he's played enough forum mafia to know that speaking in another language is pretty piss poor etiquette.

I'd like to see some more substantial posts from TSR, Orandulum, and Manlove. I'm not getting much with what they've posted so far. Also Navarre, I guess? I dunno. Just don't start off in Chinese again.
Back to top Go down
Orandulum
Spurt Reynolds
Orandulum

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 5:11 am

I was personally hoping someone would hammer Manlove which was why I didn't retract my vote before now. If Manlove was Lynched then my main scumspect, with the meager evidence I have, would be dead or even better the person who hammered would be basically confirmed scum. Still that would have made things too easy I guess.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:09 am

Cracked Atlas wrote:
Unvote

Reread the thread.

Melexiious wrote:
This isn't a productive area of discussion.

I mean, talking like a Cat before is understandable, but pointing out my avatar is kinda silly. Because even slightly, talking like a Cat has an impact on your thinking if you got a scum PM or not. Not your avatar.
This strikes me as an overreaction to an RVS accusation. After all, in RVS, people do throw out accusations based on silly things like profile pics in an attempt to see how people react. Okay, sure, Manlove probably didn't know what RVS was at the time, but he was clearly just joking. And Melex /should/ know what RVS is like by this point. He then went on to vote him just a few posts later, before Manlove had said anything else.
However true, I was making point that while it was certainly a joke, I was pointing out that there is actually some merit to talking like a cat in your first post, compared to avatars. But him making a joke wasn't the first reason why I threw a vote to him, it was because he was trying to hard to act town.

He just seemed, at the time, the most scummy. That's just how I roll, One page of RVS and then I try and make a judgement on who's scummy, and when new information is given to me I go and change my vote accordingly.

Now, I'm not 100% sure, I was more 40% sure he was scum. While everyone else was on 20-10% sure. It was more-or-less a "Well, I'll best throw my vote in first and show to everyone, who I think the most scummy person is."
Then other people voted, so I decided to kept my vote there. I wanted to see Manloves reaction. And after his reaction of "Oh, this is a pickle I gotten myself into" I took my vote away. Because normally Scum would try and throw an accusation off to someone else ASAP.

However, he didn't act scum, he was lowered down to 25% suspicion and here we are today waiting for more people to talk.
Back to top Go down
Vorsprung

Vorsprung

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-02-26

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 am

I don't know what to do.

Unvote
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Unless y'all're going for the record for 'most people prodded at once in a single mafia game', would you kindly staty actually posting? I mean, okay, Melex and Vorsprung are still, a'ight, but they only make up a small percentage of the game.

So yeah, get to posting already.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Meowcount
Melexiious:
Cracked Atlas:
Tunnel Snakes Rule: Navarre
Captain Manlove: Orandulum
Navarre:
Orandulum:
Vorsprung:

Not Voting: Tunnel Snakes Rule, Captain Manlove, Melexiious, Vorsprung, Cracked Atlas

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is still 8:40pm, December 12, with room for extension as per my second post.

Prodding TSR in a few hours

Last edited by 1337ness_of_teh_n00b on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://amiabanana.forumotion.com
Navarre

Navarre

Number of posts : 272

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Are we still waiting for manlove to make a scumtrip? Because everyone here seems to be playing too passive to get a town/scum read off
Back to top Go down
Vorsprung

Vorsprung

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 pm

So Cracked, why are you still voting me?
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Navarre wrote:
Are we still waiting for manlove to make a scumtrip? Because everyone here seems to be playing too passive to get a town/scum read off
Not... really.
Since I not actually all that sure he's scum, it was more of a guess than trying to scumtrip him
Back to top Go down
Navarre

Navarre

Number of posts : 272

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

So we have accomplished 0 in 4 pages? Congratz
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Hey, come on now. What are you trying to say? Make us constantly hound Manlove until he does something we could claim is a scumslip, lynch him and have him flip town just because he had a slight /inkling/ he was town?
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh look, Navarre's acting scummy again. Once, Navarre, just once I'd like to see you not immediately start a game by meaninglessly being a dick to people for no reason. I'm getting sick of seeing you get lynched day 1 and flipping town.

And I'm not voting for you, Vorsprung. 1337ness clearly missed the part where I unvoted for you. And then several posts later voted for someone else. And then several posts later unvoted /him/ as well.

Hey, GM, I haven't been voting for Vorsprung since... page 2. You might wanna fix that vote count.

Don't make me modkill you for implying that I make mistakes Fixed
Back to top Go down
Vorsprung

Vorsprung

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Alrighty, no issue then.

And yeah, Navarre, can you try interacting with others without being a cunt? It's not funny or cool.

"There's a time and place for everything, but not now."
~ Professor Oak
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Looks like we'eve dropped down to, like, three people actually posting here.

I guess we need to wait for the GM to start prodding people before they actually post.
Back to top Go down
Captain Manlove

Captain Manlove

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2013-11-12

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 pm

pardon my absence, for whatever reason i stopped receiving notifications about this.

Anyway to my belated remarks,

Navarre wrote:
he stated, eager to finish the round.

From what I read, this behavior is par for the course for Navarre here, but since There hasn't really been anything super obvious like this with anyone else as of yet I think I'm gonna call him out on this.

so, Vote: Navarre
Back to top Go down
Vorsprung

Vorsprung

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 pm

The problem with Navarre is that I can't tell

- whether he's just a lazy town
- whether he's just confused scum
- whether he didn't read his role PM

So honestly, I dunno. I can't tell if he just doesn't give a shit or not. I have a strong desire to vote for him, but chances are he's just town and he's being a prick.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 pm

I prodded TSR, and he actually replied to the prod, which puts me in the weird position of having had someone respond to their prod yet not act on it.

I'm reprodding, but if he does this again, I'll replace.

Everyone else is, on a cursory glance at least, just within acceptable activity levels, though I'm revoking the right to deadline extension until further notice
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:24 pm

I don't know what to say.

Meow?

Regardless. Uh. Yea.
Things, stuff.

What's a good topic discussion for Mafia, other than "Who would you kill if you're scum?"
Back to top Go down
Tunnel Snakes Rule

Tunnel Snakes Rule

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-11-12

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Actually, a round of WWMD (What Would Mafia Do) sounds like it could bring in some discussion.

I'd probably go for either those who slip between scum and not scum, those who post to avoid detection, and those who I know to be a problem.
Oh look, all of those point to Navarre. How quaint.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I'd probably go with Captian Manlove, tbh. If anyone tries to pin his death with me, I'd claim "Well, at the end of the day, I was trying to protect him!" And then, I'd probably try and shift the blame to Navarre and pin the death on him. If that goes as planned, I could quite probably win.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:43 pm

It's hard to say. Normally people fling accusations against each other and wagon like hell. I guess people are a little scared to do that lest they seem scummy. This is one of the things that IRL mafia tends to be better at. People rarely run out of things to talk about.

I guess what we need is two loud people who yell a lot to get into an argument with each other over who's scum. Unfortunately, no one's really jumping out as scum to me (except Navarre... and seriously, that's just Navarre being Navarre).

Actually, sure let's talk about that. For the benefit of the people who haven't played with him before, Navarre does, in fact, always seem scummy. And, having seen him on the side of both town and scum quite a few times before, I gotta say, I can't really see much difference in how he plays. I've seen him get lynched day 1 countless times. Sometimes he flips town, sometimes he flips scum. Difficult to read.

P-Edit: I'd go for a top player like Vorsprizzle or Sexi-Melexi. There are players I'd like to keep alive, were I scum, based on past performance. I won't say who they are, though.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:03 am

Meowcount
Melexiious:
Cracked Atlas:
Tunnel Snakes Rule: Navarre
Captain Manlove: Orandulum
Navarre: Captain Manlove
Orandulum:
Vorsprung:

Not Voting: Tunnel Snakes Rule, Melexiious, Vorsprung, Cracked Atlas

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is still 8:40pm, December 12.

Prodding Navarre
Prodding Orandulum
Back to top Go down
Vorsprung

Vorsprung

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:45 pm

At this stage I think Navarre isn't scum. I mean, he's being scummy, but I think that's in his nature.

BLURRED LIIIIIIIINES YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT

Anyhow, I think that if he was really scum, he wouldn't be so self-destructive. The Chinese thing is annoying, and his utter lack of any meaningful contribution is annoying (seriously? Say that people are passive when you've said basically nothing yourself?), but I don't think he's scum.

At the moment, I don't trust Mel and I don't trust Cracked. Both seem pretty flippant and have changed their positions multiple times this game. I distrust Mel more than Cracked, though - maybe Cracked was right about the whole "admission of scum guilt" thing.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Vorsprung, it really isn't. Cracked was trying to make conversation and be lulzy in RVS, not really to be taken seriously. The problem with the start of the game, is that there's nothing to really talk about. There's really only two options, either A) WWMD (What Would Mafia Do) or B) Randomly fling accusations around and hope scum catches the bait.

I mean, what Atlas was doing one could construe as really /really/ scummy, but he's doing that for RVS, so I wouldn't call him out for voting on 3 different people within the first 4 posts of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cat Mafia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Mafia   Cat Mafia - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cat Mafia
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next