Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tim Exist/Am I a banana?

If you're reading this, the fuck you doin' on amiabanana? Fuck off.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6P Closed

Go down 
+4
Cracked Atlas
AcRv
Melexiious
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-05-17

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Before I begin, I'd just like to say that unlike my brother, AcRv, I am very quick to modkill, and have no qualms about modkilling the last remaing member of a faction. You've been warned. Also, this ruleset features a few minor differences from the norm due to... necessity

General
0. I am mod, and I am God. Whatever I say trumps the rules as you understand them.
1. Cyan is my colour. Don't use it. I will consider it an attempt to impersonate the mod.
2. Do not quote private communication with the mod. This includes role PMs. Doing so will risk modkill. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
3. Unless your role specifies otherwise, do not talk about the game outside the game thread. If your role does specify otherwise, you may still only talk about the game where your PM says you can.
4. Don't edit your own posts, you will be instantly modkilled.
5. When a player achieves the majority of the votes, the game enters pre-twilight. This means players can no longer change their votes, but they can still talk. Once I declare twilight, talking is okay unless you happen to be the lynched player.
6. When twilight ends, the game enters night, and no one is allowed to post in the game thread. So don't.
7. Once the mod declares you dead, you are dead. Dead people do not talk.
8. Modkills are to be done in the way most disadvantageous to the player and their faction. This means that any modkilled player changes to neutral, and therefore cannot win the game. If a mafia-sided player was modkilled, the day continues. If a town-sided player was modkilled, the day ends immediately.

Specific
9. This game meets the letter of MafiaScum's normal game requirements. However, it would probably not pass a normal review committee. Think outside the box, but keep one foot in it at all times, and if you find yourself wondering whether something is possible, read the normal game requirements literally.
10. Town roles activate before scum roles of the same type (e.g., protection, investigation, killing, roleblocking, converting, etc.) in this game.

Activity and Deadlines
11. Post every 48 hours. If you fail to do this, you will be prodded. If you do not respond within 72 hours of your prod, you will be replaced. This rule is flexible if you give advance warning of your absence.
12. If you will be absent, tell us when you will be back.
13. Day one has a deadline of three weeks. Day two and onwards have a deadline of two weeks. All twilights and nights have a deadline of two days. If anyone has announced that they will be absent over the course of a night/twilight, the phase will be extended for 24 hours after their announced return. Deadlines are non-negotiable barring absences and exceptional circumstances.
14. If no player has acheived the majority of votes by deadline, then no-one is lynched.

Voting
15. Votes are to be bolded and roughly in the form Vote: Playername
16. Retracting a vote is to be done in the form Unvote: Playername. Unvoting before voting a new player is appreciated but not compulsary.

The all important rule
17. If you think you've found a loophole in the rules, then you're wrong.

At least one person in the game will recieve the following role PM

You are a Vanilla Townie
You're not special, you don't have any calling, or any purpose, all you want to do is live. You're some random sheep in some random town who happened to get caught up in something way over your head. When the town took to mob justice, you joined in.
Each day, you may vote on who to kill.
You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Thread locked until PMs are sent out.

Last edited by 1337ness_of_teh_n00b on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://amiabanana.forumotion.com
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Uh, I think I may have missed this in some role PMs -- confirm in-thread

I will count votes when 5/6 players have confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2012-01-15

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Consider this a confirm.
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-10-28

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 pm

/Confirm

Ooh, I was second to confirm. I must be scum trying to make myself look less scummy by not being first to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2007-07-26

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 pm

/confirm.

Also, if I were to make a prediction as to the overall mood that this game will take, I would predict that it would be both enjoyable and amusing.
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Cracked Atlas wrote:
/confirm.

Also, if I were to make a prediction as to the overall mood that this game will take, I would predict that it would be both enjoyable and amusing.

I would link you to Newbie 1199 and show you how a game can go when I'm in it with Elmo_TeH_AzN, but with it's lack of existence I can't confirm your claim.
Back to top Go down
Mizicho

Mizicho

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-01-18

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 pm

/confirm.
It's gonna be fun on a bun.
Back to top Go down
CoweringGiant

CoweringGiant

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-03-25

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:28 pm

/confirm

I don't know of any good puns, so lets all just have fun.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Mizicho wrote:
/confirm.
It's gonna be fun on a bun.
Hey, no paraphrasing me.

"This is going to be fun"
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm

So, what are we going to do today. I'm feeling slow and this is just... annoying.

Ugh.

What do?
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Beese, I think you'll find I paraphrased you first. Though admittedly, I was slightly more verbose about it.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Cracked Atlas wrote:
Beese, I think you'll find I paraphrased you first. Though admittedly, I was slightly more verbose about it.
Yours had class, his did not. His required more negativity due to the lack of class and fabulousness.

So, lets just say... AcRv is scum, what should we do about that?
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am

Wait until Vorsprung confirms?
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 am

Okay, so five of us have confirmed, so we can start voting...

VOTE: Cowering Giant because I thought it was a solar eclipse.

Anyway, I think the first question we must ask ourselves is how many scum members do we think there are? If 1337ness_of_teh_n00b said that it probably wouldn't get past the mafiascum review committee, I'd say it could quite possibly be two... opinions?

And before someone asks, my vote was not serious, it was an random vote because in my past few games I've missed out on RVS =(

Beese wrote:
So, what are we going to do today. I'm feeling slow and this is just... annoying.

Ugh.

What do?

I would have thought he'd know that RVS would be an appropriate way to start a game... find it odd that he wouldn't know that...
UNVOTE
VOTE: Beese
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 am

Votecount 1.0 (more for my benefit than the players'; I'm doing this so I have a template for later when I'll no doubt be too lazy to do one from scratch)

AcRv -- 0
Beese -- 1 (AcRv) !L-3!
CoweringGiant -- 0
Cracked Atlas -- 0
Mizicho -- 0
Vorsprung -- 0

Not Voting -- 5 (Beese, CoweringGiant, Cracked Atlas, Mizicho, Vorsprung)

With six alive, it takes four to lynch

We're one day into a three-week deadline; I'll post a more exact deadline-countdown-thing if/when we reach five days till deadline and it starts to actually matter.
Back to top Go down
Melexiious
The Fabulous
Melexiious

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:05 am

AcRv wrote:

Anyway, I think the first question we must ask ourselves is how many scum members do we think there are? If 1337ness_of_teh_n00b said that it probably wouldn't get past the mafiascum review committee, I'd say it could quite possibly be two... opinions?

And before someone asks, my vote was not serious, it was an random vote because in my past few games I've missed out on RVS =(

Beese wrote:

Ugh.

What do?

I would have thought he'd know that RVS would be an appropriate way to start a game... find it odd that he wouldn't know that...
UNVOTE
Yea, that post you ignored, I choose you out of random. About 1 post above you. That says "lets just say... AcRv is scum," I had you as RVS dude, I do know that RVS is a good way to start the game. You're overlooking post which is interesting to say the least, that you just happened to overlook and ignore a post that says your scum.

I just don't like throwing votes day one, but I do like saying who my gut says is scum. Which has a history of being right in the end.
Back to top Go down
1337ness_of_teh_n00b
Admin
1337ness_of_teh_n00b

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 am

Heh, changed rules 5/6/7. Well, specifically, I added rule seven, there were two rule 6es in the original ruleset, but I also changed the twilight rule slightly. Sorry, won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Vorsprung

Vorsprung

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2012-02-26

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am

Spermy-confirmmy.

/confirm
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:04 am

I suppose AcRv didn't see it as a random vote because you didn't vote. Which, when you think about it, is actually half of the requirement for something to be a random vote.

Still, it's good to see useful, or, at least, semi-useful discussion from people.

Anyway, onto what AcRv said about the number of scum... I'd like to assume two, but in a four player game that would seem... ridiculous. Like, the town power roles (of which there would be a maximum of three) would have to be stupidly powerful to compensate. Knowing 1337ness, there's some overly complex build a play. So expanding on this....

"Roles which are explicitly Normal include:
Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia Framer, Mafia-aligned versions of above roles"

So there may be Mafia aligned power roles, a serial killer (perhaps with modifiers), or a traitor, or a framer.

So... what does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
AcRv
The Traitor
AcRv

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 am

Beese wrote:
AcRv wrote:

Beese wrote:

Ugh.

What do?

UNVOTE
Yea, that post you ignored, I choose you out of random. About 1 post above you. That says "lets just say... AcRv is scum," I had you as RVS dude, I do know that RVS is a good way to start the game. You're overlooking post which is interesting to say the least, that you just happened to overlook and ignore a post that says your scum.

I just don't like throwing votes day one, but I do like saying who my gut says is scum. Which has a history of being right in the end.

Oh, crap, sorry. I didn't realise that was you... I now know why avatars are preferred on mafiascum... my laptop doesn't display them here for some stupid reason

UNVOTE
VOTE: Vorsprung

Confirms but doesn't post anything else. Probably not scummy, but I feel like throwing my vote around now because if I do it later it could screw us over.

Cracked Atlas wrote:
I suppose AcRv didn't see it as a random vote because you didn't vote. Which, when you think about it, is actually half of the requirement for something to be a random vote.

Still, it's good to see useful, or, at least, semi-useful discussion from people.

Anyway, onto what AcRv said about the number of scum... I'd like to assume two, but in a four player game that would seem... ridiculous. Like, the town power roles (of which there would be a maximum of three) would have to be stupidly powerful to compensate. Knowing 1337ness, there's some overly complex build a play. So expanding on this....

"Roles which are explicitly Normal include:
Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Innocent Child, Jailkeeper, Tracker, Watcher, Gunsmith, Miller, Bodyguard, Role Cop, Doublevoter, Hider, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Jack of All Trades, Serial Killer, Mafia Goon, Mafia Traitor, Mafia Godfather, Mafia Framer, Mafia-aligned versions of above roles"

So there may be Mafia aligned power roles, a serial killer (perhaps with modifiers), or a traitor, or a framer.

So... what does everyone think?

Doubt there'd be two killing factions in a six player game... But we know there's no Innocent Child, and can be pretty sure there's no Mafia Day Vig. Masons should claim if there are any because then we narrow our lynch targets to four, as there's no way 1337ness would put in three masons in a six-player game.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am

I also doubt there'd be to killing factions in a six player game, or, at least, I would, were the set-up being run by anyone other that 1337ness. For the time being, I'm keeping every option available.

Back to top Go down
CoweringGiant

CoweringGiant

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-03-25

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:31 am

Assuming that there are two mafiascum, and a deffinetly one vanilla townie we assume the power roles are rediculos in this 6 person game.

vote: Cracked Atlas

As he knows too much.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 am

I don't know that much, really. Just making educated guesses based on the information we've been provided. I'd be knowing too much if I new exactly what scum roles are in play.

On the other hand, my iTunes just started playing 'New Killer Star'. Using the patented Oradulum investigative method, I can conclude that Beese is scum. Though it's probably not the best way to investigate people.

Still, Beese, defend against my iTunes calling you scum.
Back to top Go down
Mizicho

Mizicho

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-01-18

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 am

Cracked Atlas wrote:
I don't know that much, really. Just making educated guesses based on the information we've been provided. I'd be knowing too much if I new exactly what scum roles are in play.

On the other hand, my iTunes just started playing 'New Killer Star'. Using the patented Oradulum investigative method, I can conclude that Beese is scum. Though it's probably not the best way to investigate people.

Still, Beese, defend against my iTunes calling you scum.

What method would this be?

CoweringGiant wrote:
Assuming that there are two mafiascum, and a deffinetly one vanilla townie we assume the power roles are rediculos in this 6 person game.

vote: Cracked Atlas

As he knows too much.

He know too much, or not enough. Maybe he's just a scrumptious scum waiting for you to get caught in his trap.
In any case, I think we're all voting a bit too quickly here.
Back to top Go down
Cracked Atlas
His Sexcellency
Cracked Atlas

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 am

Of course we're voting too quickly. This is, after all, RVS.

Vote:Mizicho because woo! RVS!

Actually, my iTunes has moved on to 'Modern Love', which, I assume, proves both you and Beese innocent for now.

But hey.

RVS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6P Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6P Closed   6P Closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6P Closed
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next